- In the first few days, close your mouth and chew carefully to avoid biting yourself.
- If you do bite yourself, which is generally very painful, you can use special anaesthetic gels or mouthwashes.
- If the prosthesis has been cemented in place temporarily:
- Chew on the other side of your mouth and eat semi-soft food, avoiding hard and sticky foods to prevent the structure coming loose.
- Watch out for any discomfort and food becoming lodged between the prosthesis and the teeth on either side, or between the prosthesis and the gum, and tell us before it is permanently cemented in place.