CLÍNICA PARDIÑAS BLOG
Food that makes your teeth whiter
In nature we can find food that can help us with tooth care, via Fox News:
- Cheese: it's rich in calcium, wich is vital for keeping teeth strong, and contains lactic acid wich prevents tooth decay.
- Strawberries: it helps to maintain the PH balance in your body, which is good for your teeth.
- Apples: malic acid, the same ingredient found in teeth whitening products, it is also found in apples.
- Ginger: ginger is effective at killing bacteria associated with periodontal disease in the mouth.
- Pineapple: an enzyme found in pineapple, helps to cleanse the teeth and break up plaque in the mouth. Citric acid present in it is an anti-bacterial. Pineapple also helps to produce extra saliva, our body’s primary defense system against decay.
- Carrots: carrots help to stimulate saliva, cleanse food particles from the mouth, and decrease the amount of plaque which ultimately can make teeth whiter.
- Basil: a natural antibiotic, basil helps to reduce bacteria in mouth.
- Salmon: salmon is rich in both calcium and vitamin D which keeps teeth strong.
- Sesame seeds: sesame seeds also works to scrub plaque from the teeth.
- Tea: green and black tea varieties have an antioxidant which inhibits the bacteria that causes gingivitis.
- Quinoa: this versatile super-grain contains minerals which strengthen teeth.
- Kale: kale has minerals that support tooth structure.
- Lemon: it helps to balance the pH in the body, increases saliva flow and are a natural tooth whitener.
Nature can be a great ally for our teeth. Even so, visiting your dentist regularly is the best way to have strong and white teeth.
Comunicación de la Clínica
Clínica Dental Pardiñas