When you are pregnant dental health becomes a very important factor as it is very essential to maintain good dental hygiene. During pregnancy hormonal changes that occur are exaggerated. Thus, some problems such as gum inflammation, bleeding or gingival discomfort appear. Other problems that can arise during pregnancy is increasing decay due to frequent vomiting and nausea during the first trimester. The acid causes enamel erosion becoming more susceptible to the tooth.
What are the signs and symptoms of dental health problems?
Some of the most common signs or symptoms that you let us know that our dental health goes bad phase during pregnancy are:
• Bad breath.
• Sore gums.
• constant bleeding when brushing your teeth.
• Red Gums.
• bright, painful or swollen gums.
• Pain in the teeth or feel that the teeth are loose
If you have any of these feelings do not hesitate to visit your dentist trusted to put solution as soon as possible.
How to maintain healthy teeth and gums?
• During this period is very important that sugary foods are not limited to meals and between meals.
• Opt for taking a piece of fresh fruit instead of industrial juices.
• Avoid carbonated drinks.
• If you fancy a sugarless gum choose one and xylitol.
• Use a soft, small brush to prevent nausea.
• Brush carefully the teeth and gums twice daily flossing and used at least once a day.
• Use a fluoride toothpaste.
• Visit your dentist during pregnancy period as this will inform and give advice if oral problems.
• Eat a healthy balanced diet. It also helps that your baby's teeth are well developed eating nutritious foods that contain calcium, protein and vitamins A, C and D.
• If you have nausea or vomiting during pregnancy rinse your mouth with water to remove the acid.
Good dental health during pregnancy has a positive impact on your health and your baby. After pregnancy continue to maintain a good level of dental hygiene to avoid problems. On the other hand, when your little teeth begin to show itself please wipe them with gauze or a pediatric ultrasoft brush after meals.