Most people who play sports have suffered or will suffer some type of sports injury. That is why it’s so important to prevent injuries and to heal them correctly with the help of sports physiotherapy.
Among the most frequent injuries we can find sprains, tendinitis, muscle tears, joint injuries, dislocations and fractures. Lack of stretching, poor performance of sports activity or an inappropriate use of equipment may be the cause of these physical problems. Therefore, when we begin to perform a new sport it’s important that we know how to do it guided by a professional.
Types of Physical Therapy Treatments in Sports
A sports physiotherapist can help you in the prevention and treatment of injuries in the fastest way and avoiding recurrence or chronification.There are many alterations that can be found in sports. Therefore, the treatment used will vary depending on the nature of the injury. Among the most used are:
- Sports massages: this type of massage is useful both at the beginning and at the end of the activity.
- Streching: the stretches should be analytical and global. These are important in training and warm-up because they help to gain performance and recovery effectiveness.
- Kinesiotaping: the neuromuscular bandage is the application of elastic adhesive bands that, according to their placement, relax the muscle contraction, relieve pain, improve circulation and eliminate inflammation.
- Functional bandage: this type of bandage allows stabilizing a structure by restricting the range of motion.
- Electrostimulation: the use of adequate electrical impulses helps to relax the musculature, relieve pain, develop strength, speed and resistance of muscles, enhance damaged muscle fibers or promote circulation, favoring a faster recovery after sports effort
- Cryotherapy and thermotherapy: this procedure consists on the application of cold (cryotherapy) or heat through various physical agents.
All these sports physiotherapy treatments are offered in A Coruña, in the Pardiñas Dental Medical Clinic facilities. So, if you need the attention of a physiotherapist, contact us.